CPET (crystallized polyester) is a dual ovenable material usable between –40°C and +220°C, suitable for a variety of usages.
- To be used in:
- In a regular oven up to +220°C
- In microwaves
- In a freezer down to –40°C
- Due to crystallization they have high barrier so they are suitable for ΜΑΡ (Modified Atmosphere Packaging)
- Certified for direct food contact
- To cook food directly in the tray
- Can be sealed with film (permanent lock or easy open) to secure 100% impermeability through a sealing machine
- Can close with a lid
- Special pastry trays
- Can be washed in a dish washer
- Leading design
- 1 to 18 compartments
- In black or white colour
Mainly used in:
- Frozen food
- Ready meal
- Pastry and bakery products
- In general products that need heating and/or freezing, either during their production or by the end customer
Special CPET types:
On special order, the following CPET versions are available:
- CPET PL: CPET trays with enhanced sealing properties. Used in applications where sealing must withstand intense thermical strains as with the Pasteurization process.
- CPET Hi Impact or "Jaguar" where emphasis is put at the low temperatures use of trays. A special additive reduces brittleness, therefore increases CPET's endurance at impacts in freezing conditions.
- CPET biodegradable: a brand new development where the one use, plastic tray becomes biodegradable, i.e. naturally absorbable by the environment!